St. Andrews Links Boys Open Tournament
July 28-August 4, 2017
July 27-August 3, 2018
St. Andrews, Scotland
Competitive program for young men under 18 as of January 1, 2017, and a USGA handicap not exceeding 4, USJT Family Member Program is available.
U.S. Junior Tours Golf Experience is an American based first class educational and athletic travel program that provides worldwide experiences including professional instruction, international competition, and cultural activities. Golfers from all countries are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Sunday – practice round on Eden Course
Monday – qualifying round on Eden Course
Tuesday – 32 low scratch scores play on the Eden Course in scratch match play for the
Tuesday –16 next lowest net scores failing to qualify play on the Eden Course in full
handicap match play for the Murray Mitchell Trophy
Tuesday – Remaining non-qualifiers play in a handicap Stableford competition on the
Strathtyrum Course for the David Ayton Cup
Wednesday – match play continues on the Eden Course
Thursday – semifinals and finals on The Old Course for the Merchant’s Cup/title of St.
Andrews Links Boys’ Open Champion and the Murray Mitchell Trophy
- Entry to St. Andrews Boys’ Open
- Practice round on Eden Course
- Qualifying round on Eden Course
- BBQ social and prize drawing
- Match play for qualifiers on Eden Course and Old Course
- Medal play for non-qualifiers on Strathtyrum Course
- Practice time at the famous St. Andrews Practice Centre
- Ground transportation from/to Edinburgh airport, to/from golf courses
- Single-room residence hall accommodations, private shower and bathroom facilities, linens, blankets, and daily towel service
- Opportunity to ballot for play on The Old Course
- 24 hour supervision
Contact USJT Golf Travel office and start planning now for this incredible program. Booking early will guarantee pricing. USJT Golf Travel will assist with every detail assuring a first-class experience!
Non-golfers are always welcome – Parents, grandparents, siblings, etc. wishing to travel with the group may do so by joining the U.S. Junior Tour Family Members Program.
Balloting for the Old Course (daily lottery for tee times) can be arranged and added to the itinerary. Over 50% of daily ballots are successful, and there is no charge for balloting.
Green fees (£160.00 – approx. $260.00) for the Old Course are not included.
This is an incredible opportunity for players to experience international competition, travel to destinations that live the history of golf.Contact USJT Golf Travel to book St. Andrews, Scotland Junior Boys Open Program